Friday, August 11, 2006

playing with photoshop


A couple of weeks back I saw this fantastic old wreck of a VW beetle van parked right across the street from my house.

I quickly grabbed my digital camera and fired off some shots for later use.

Today I finally opened some of them in Photoshop and played with the color balances and contrast. Some day when I know more about Photoshop I'll probably be able to do more really cool stuff with these photos.

Anyway, enjoy my novice efforts!

Today I also picked up my textbooks for fall, and I'll be learning Adobe Illustrator. I'm so excited! I haven't touched that program yet but wanted to, so now I'll be able to learn with a real live instructor (unlike online classes where you basically read the book and do the exercises).

Ah, the wonders of technology!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! Illustrator is an AMAZING programme. I had it for a year or so (won't bother explaining that sad story) and had so much fun even without instruction. Being taught will be fabulous!