Thursday, August 17, 2006

altered photos and such

Today I worked some more on my France journal and altered some photos from the trip. I have more photos to go and am excited about filling more pages. I haven't altered photos in a while and forgot how much fun it is to do! I took a class from Karen Michel a couple of years back on altering photos and it's much like kindergarten art in that it's all about play. Very light and fun work; collaging, slopping watercolors and inks on there and generally not spending much time thinking about what you're doing. Here are some more altered photos...


I drew on all of these with different markers and my new favorite pen, the white-out pen. Yes, you read right; the white-out pens you can buy at Staples. I LOVE this pen!! It's like painting with a pen and leaves a strong line.

I also worked on some journals for a drawing round robin some Artfest friends and I started after Artfest this year. It's been a slow and rocky start, but I'm hoping we'll all get on track and have fun drawing in each other's journals. It's such a precious gift; artwork from others. I never tire of receiving it! I drew a metal jar that one of my best friends gave me a few years back. Here's what I did...

It's a challenge for me not to work in color. I was looking at the bronzes and greens of the jar this morning and wanting to add those beautiful colors to the drawing. But we're drawing, not painting, so I will stick with black and white and see what lessons it has to teach me.

1 comment:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

i love these altered photos!