Friday, June 09, 2006

girl power continues...



Today I finished working on the banner for the space over the window in my studio. It says "create". Kinda hard to see from the photo. I'm realizing I may need a digital photo class to enable me to take better photos! I had envisioned a banner for that space, then saw an adorable one on Pam's site, so I borrowed her idea and customized it to fit my needs. I really like it, and will enjoy looking at it each time I'm in my studio.

Here's a close-up of one of the letters. You can see a little more detail here:
Keeping a blog has helped me stay focused on art, and most importantly, MAKING art! If I have a day or two that passes without my making anything, I think, "uh-oh, I'd better get into the studio and make something!". Thanks go out to my Artfest friends for turning me on to this blogging thing; I really love it, both writing one and reading other people's!

I received a wonderful surprise today. My honey sent me flowers for no real reason; no anniversary, no birthday, just because. My eyes filled up with happy tears when I saw them. It's a true gift to be treasured by another, and I try not to take that for granted. I'm of an age now that I know the realities of love and relationships, that it's not always happily ever after, that relationships don't always last no matter how much love you started with. So to still be cherished after many years, to still be surprised, is so wonderful. Thank you, honey, for everything.

They're a lovely mix of tulips and iris. Perfect spring flowers!

My next art project is a banner for the door to my studio. I've got the watercolor paper gessoed and ready to go. It will probably be a couple of days before I get to work again. I feel some ideas percolating, and will be raring to go when I get the chance.

So everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I'll post again in a couple of days!

1 comment:

carla said...

Your banner looks fine! It's pretty, festive, and very inspiring! I have many framed pieces that I want to hang up in my space once I get it fixed up, but for now, they are lined up against the wall on the back of the couch. Love those flowers...I love tulips and irises together:>