Thursday, June 15, 2006

crochet and other projects

A busy day today, but had some time to finish a painting I started working on yesterday. I was greatly inspired by my "Spare Parts" packet from Anahata Katkin (if you haven't yet, check out her blog and website...yummy!). Used some of the collage elements in this piece. I love vibrant color (as if you haven't noticed!), and laid it on in this one. It makes me happy to look at it and it will soon be hanging on my studio door.

Speaking of Anahata, I absolutely love the way her blog is designed, and it's making me feel motivated to figure out how to customize my blog. It's ok the way it is, but I'd love to have a different background, a border of my design, colors that I choose, etc. If anyone has any pointers, let me know!

On the crochet front, I met with Dawn a couple of days ago and she showed me how to join the crocheted flowers in the scarf I've been attempting to make. Here's my progress so far (Thanks, Dawn!)... It looks so much better than the way I was doing it!


I'm also working on making two journals for our trip to France coming up in less than two weeks! I'm so excited!! Last year we were fortunate enough to go to the UK, and visit London and Glasgow. It was an incredible trip, one I won't ever forget. This year my parents invited us to go to France with them. We're going to be staying in the south of France, about an hour from Marseilles, in a beautiful villa owned by a friend of the family who is French and will be there with us (wonderful, since none of us speak French!). I plan on doing loads of drawing and journaling while there and will share when I return.

Must close now as I have laundry to put away. In a little while I'm meeting up with a couple of dear friends for dinner before we head off to our weekly poker game, which is always an adventure. The dogs generally outnumber the people! A fun time is had by all (puppies included).

3 comments:

Dawn D. Sokol said...

The scarf's looking great, Kath!

kirsten said...

I LOVE this beautiful blowing baby!! What an exquisite piece. I'll be coming back to see more :) (love the journals, too!)

One Crabapple said...

Your painting here is absolutely beautiful - BREATH TAKING in fact !!!

YOU inspire ME to do new things too.