Friday, January 12, 2007

new art journals

Today I spent a lot of time putting an initial layer of paint on paper that will soon become part of my new art journals. I'm actually able to make two journals from the same sheets of paper - one 8x10 journal and one 5x7 journal. Two for the price of one...gotta love it! It was fun splashing paint all over the pages, not worrying about getting it "right", just slopping the stuff on there. After I post it will be time to fold the pages and prepare the covers. Then tomorrow, sew together and voila...new art journals! I've had the paper for a few months, so it was nice to finally be able to get to it and accomplish the beginning stages of journal making. I may do some stamping on the pages before I assemble them. I got a great fleur de lis foam stamp with Xmas money (thanks, Gram!) that I can't wait to use. I may wait till they're put together...we'll see.

I also wanted to mention the wonderful book at left. I got this book for Xmas, and I can't say enough about how much I love it. It's pure eye candy; brilliant colors, intricate patterns, beautiful interiors. It even has a fuzzy cover! How cool is that?

I'm hoping to spend the next few days making art at least part of each day. Of course the usual things like grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the house and preparing for school all have to happen, but I hope for a few quiet moments here and there in which to create and dream.

No comments: