Saturday, January 13, 2007

I love doodling

I finished up another journal page this morning in time to make a copy for the cover of my next blank art journal. I want to get those journals done this weekend so they're ready to go.

Meanwhile, I'm in the midst of a love affair with doodling. The Pattern book, plus all the beautiful scrapbook paper patterns are inspiring me to sit down with my pen and draw. Last night I spent almost 2 hours drawing on another art journal page and felt I could sit there all night and doodle.

I've felt so much creative energy lately. Whenever I sit down I want to be doing something with my hands, be it drawing, knitting, crocheting, or writing. I went through a little bit of a dry spell through the holidays (due to stress and burnout from school, no doubt), but am feeling recharged and ready to go. So I'll ride the wave for as long as it lasts.

No comments: