Thursday, April 11, 2013

Visiting with old friends

This afternoon I had the good fortune to visit with one of my college suite mates and her husband. They are out from Rochester, NY visiting family here in Phoenix. I haven't seen her in over 20 years! We spent time catching up, talking about family, marriages, work, and life in general. It was a lovely visit and I'm so glad we were able to connect. It doesn't seem possible all that time has passed! She looked essentially the same as she did the last time we saw one another (when we were a lot younger!). I drove home with a smile on my face and memories of our college days roaming around my head.

Today reminded me about the importance of connection. To see an old friend after all these years is gift.  As I get older I am reminded more and more about the preciousness of relationship, and of our own lives. I try not to take it for granted, and am thankful for each day I have on this beautiful, chaotic, changing planet of ours.

In other news, I have been really cranking out the jewelry the last couple of days. Working hard on the summer collection; a marriage of chunky semi-precious stones, a mix of chains, and just enough sparkle to make it interesting. I will post photos once I take them. Right now I'm on a roll and it's all about production. So until then I will leave you with a couple of photos:


A basket of yarny goodness in the studio

A little corner of my studio

Some fantastic vintage fabric that I scored at a garage sale for 10 cents.

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!


No comments: