Monday, April 15, 2013

Not what I was expecting

I was planning on doing photos of a new painting and some work on a dresser I'm re-doing, but that seems so unimportant right now in light of the horror that was the Boston Marathon today.

My family lives on Cape Cod, so Boston is near and dear to my heart and I've visited the city many a time. My heart is bleeding for the victims of the bombing today and their loved ones. They started out their day today excited to be attending the Boston Marathon. Tonight some of them are dead, many are gravely wounded, many lost limbs and suffered horrific damage to other parts of their bodies.

I don't know that there's much more to say. I am stunned and deeply saddened by this tragic event. I will be praying for all of the people affected by the terror attack today, and I hope you will all join me.

No comments: