Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recovery

Sorry I've been incommunicado for the last several days. Last weekend was my birthday and my honey came to visit me. We had a great weekend together, and now I am recovering from all the birthday fun.

I've been very tired this week and not feeling at all creative. It was all I could do to drag my butt in here and sit down to write this post. Nothing's been exciting me or revving me up to create. And that's ok.

I've learned in all my years of living that this is the natural flow of things. There are times when I can barely sleep I have so many ideas in my head and I spend every moment I can making things, painting, etc. Then there are times like this. Times when I feel exhausted and dry.

I never know how long the dry spells will last, but hopefully it won't be too long. I'll hope for a return of creative juices this weekend, since it's a long one.


In the meantime, I've just finished an incredible book by River Jordan (yes, that's really her name) called "praying for strangers; an adventure of the human spirit". I got it for free from work and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm so glad I did! I wasn't sure what to expect, if it was going to be a story with heavy religious overtones. It wasn't. It was spiritual, but not religious. And the stories she tells about connection, the universe, and our energy and power to influence the lives of others fills the heart. I highly recommend it. 





No comments: