Sunday, December 05, 2010

before and after and a yummy recipe

This purse is one I got at a discount store about 4 years ago. Very plain, nothing fancy. I decided a couple of weeks ago to dress it up a bit. So, above is the before picture, BORING!

And here are the after pictures. The one thing I didn't consider was that the purse was already sewn together, so decorating the front pocket was a real trick. I had to do a lot of hand sewing, but that's ok. Hand work like that is very soothing and I enjoyed it. I love my "new old purse"!

Now, a yummy recipe that I threw together a couple of weekends back. It's super easy and cooks in the slow cooker. Here you go...

CHICKEN TAGINE

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
A 6 oz bag of dried apricots
About 1/2 of a container of dried plums
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
enough chicken broth to cover the chicken

Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add fruit. Add spices. Pour chicken broth over all just until chicken is covered (I used 1 and a half boxes of chicken broth). Let cook in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.

I cooked up some brown rice to go with the tagine. If you like, you can cook some onion and garlic in a little olive oil and put that in with the chicken before cooking in the slow cooker. This rich, flavorful recipe is a great fall/winter dish. Warm and comforting. Enjoy!

No comments: