Thursday, August 02, 2007

my new neighborhood

This is my street, as I was walking towards my apt complex...

This is the street around the corner...

This was in someone's window on 21st Ave; don't know what it's about, but it's pretty cool.

I love this neo
And the little robot on the sign!

Some graffiti I spied on an earlier walk; I love the shapes

more of the same...

They call this the city of roses and I know why; they're absolutely everywhere!

I took a walk this morning around my neighborhood looking for some interesting shots. Most of these are on a main drag (21st Ave), but a couple are the street around the corner from me and my own street. The weather has been flawless and I'm taking as much advantage of it as I can.

Part of every day is spent inside on the computer looking for work. I've responded to a ton off Craigslist, and some of the online job sites, but so far no calls or emails to interview. Kinda bummed about that. Hopefully soon some things will start to happen. I've been sending out feelers in all directions. Yesterday I attended PABA (Portland Area Business Association) an LGBT business organization in town. I'm hoping some leads will come from that. And in a couple of weeks the AIGA chapter is meeting as well, so more contacts will come from that. So I just have to keep "stuffing the pipe" as we used to say in sales, and work will come.

I started a new painting the other day, and hope to get some work on it done this afternoon. I also am working on a mail piece to send out to prospective employers. And I STILL have to start on my shower curtain!

I've been reading the last Harry Potter book, and tonight I'm finishing it. I only have about 45 pages to go. I'm excited to finish, but also a little sad as once it's done, that's it. There are no more. But, wow, what a story!

1 comment:

carla said...

Your new neighborhood looks great! This is an exciting time for you... maybe a little bit of a scary adventure, but I think it's going to be grand:> Good luck with the job search!