Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm back in business!

I got my scanner hooked up yesterday, so I'm able to post some art once more...yeah! This is a piece that I'm working on. I'm doing some painting on it in Photoshop and will try to post when finished. But this is the sketch.

Yesterday was interesting. I had to go downtown again to the temp agency I'm working with. Of course I got kind of lost, ended up on a REALLY seedy end of the street I wanted to be on, going the opposite way. I ended up having to stop in a bar and ask directions. Yes, there I am at 9:15 in the morning, in this totally seedy, dark bar full of men (me in my heels and skirt) asking them to tell me how to get to the address I needed. It was fun.

Anyway, I got there, in time too, and it looks like I'll be starting temp work next week. I'm ready to get back into the work force again and am actually looking forward to it. The "real" job search continues, of course, but this will give me some money coming in.

Now I'm off to lunch with a new friend here, so will post more another day.

No comments: