Tuesday, November 21, 2006

what I've been doing

This is the latest in the series from life drawing class. I'm feeling more confident, that is to say, a bit more confident (long way to go!) in my structure and volume. The volume needs more work; I still tend to get lost during this part of the process. Practice makes perfect, and I plan on practicing a lot over Christmas break.

Sunday night here in Tempe there's something called "Anti-art School" going on. I think it's a social thing, where you can hang out, have some snacks, listen to music and figure draw. I'm thinking I'll check it out if I'm not too exhausted from the Thanksgiving festivities.

On the personal front, things are very much in a state of flux. My partner and I have been talking and reconnecting in a big way, and the only thing that's consistent is my feeling completely conflicted about what I want to do with my future. I have some very big decisions to make about what lies ahead for me. I'm trying to take it day by day, but can't help projecting into the future and stressing myself out. This morning lying in bed I thought about moving to Portland, OR and had a mini panic attack, but the thought of NOT going feels awful, too. I'm feeling like an oyster that's got sand in its shell; so uncomfortable that I'm doing everything I can to get rid of the sand. But hopefully by the end, like the oyster, I'll have a pearl.

No comments: