Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fiber bead love

I've been working with felt and beads quite a bit over the last few days, spurred on by my appointment at Made boutique here in Phoenix. They are taking a few of my pieces to try out and see if they sell. I pitched them the fabric, felt, vintage pieces line that I did for a shop in Portland, OR that is now closed. The gal at Made seemed to like what she saw, so today I dropped off four pieces. Fingers crossed! If you live in the Phoenix area, I suggest stopping into the store. It's a great little shop filled with handmade goodness. Yummy!

As I was working on pieces for them, I got a whole head full of new ideas to try. I've made some new pieces that I really like, here they are:










I'm liking the boho-india inspired look of some of the pieces. And I have an idea for a whole series of seed pod inspired pieces using beads and embroidery as embellishment. I'm getting together with a friend tomorrow and am going to bring these pieces with me to get some feedback.

This week I also stopped into one of my new favorite stores, Green Table Gifts on Warner Road in Tempe for some advice on using Annie Sloan wax. The gals there are so nice and helpful! It feels like you've just dropped in on a friend when you stop in. Here's some photos of their place:



Full of vintage-y goodness!




And I'll close with some vintage goodness of my own; a new necklace and bracelet that are vintage-inspired:


Hopefully I will be getting some of these pieces up into my etsy shop soon.

No comments: