Wednesday, May 16, 2007

another day in Portland

Well, the sun is blazing here again today. I'm feeling very fortunate to be enjoying such good weather.

Yesterday I attempted another foray into the city. I did better than the day before. The concepts of NE, SE, NW, SW finally started to sink in. Maybe there's hope for me yet! Trying to find two placement agencies took me all morning. Funny how something that would take you under an hour to do in your home city can take 4 hours in an unfamiliar place.

After I got myself home (I figured it out without the help of a map...woo hoo!) I spent the afternoon on the computer and phone contacting ad agencies, temp agencies and the like. Back to the days of selling, only now I'm selling myself instead of ad space. Felt very comfortable and familiar. It's like, "I know how to do this!". And as in selling, I have to put a ton of leads out there to get back one or two possibilities. I do have an appointment set up for Friday morning with a temp to permanent agency, so we'll see what happens with that. I'm going to check out the schools here as well for work, the universities and colleges. I like that atmosphere, and would love to work in that environment again.

I also called on some apartments that look interesting. I've left the gal two messages, but haven't heard back from her yet. A little frustrating.

The rest of the day will be spent contacting more potential sources of employment, mailing out some resumes and cover letters, and seeing an apartment later this afternoon. I'l also toying with the idea of doing an all day "Learn to meditate" class at the Shambhala center here this weekend. It's something I want to add to my life, and it's supposed to be rainy this weekend, so it might work out well. Hmmm....

No comments: