Monday, December 11, 2006

let's try again with some new artwork

Ok, it looks like this time it worked. The other file must not have been to this program's liking. Ahh, the joys of computers!

Anyway, this was my last drawing for Life Drawing this semester. I like it, and look forward to honing my skills even more next semester.

It's kind of weird not having structured time all of a sudden. I feel kind of lost. Without the structure of classes everyday, the sadness and difficulties of the past few months is catching up with me and I'm looking at the holidays with an inward groan. I have tons to do, but somehow it's hard to get motivated to do it. Christmas is in two weeks, I'm going away for two weeks on 12/23 and I've only scratched the surface of Christmas shopping, etc. Well, it won't be the first time I've experienced the holiday blues.

Last night I crocheted, and it was the first time in months that I felt like doing any handwork like that. It was nice and I really enjoyed it. Am looking forward to doing more over my vacation and winter break from school. I dug through my pile of yarn and projects yesterday, picked one, and went to town last night. I think now that all my creative energy isn't being eaten up by school, I will feel more inspired to crochet, knit, quilt, and the like. And having gifts to make adds extra inspiration!

No comments: