Sunday, December 03, 2006

it's been a busy weekend!

My little dog is showing how I feel right now...tired but content. It was a busy weekend in Phoenix, and I attended several events over the course of two days.

Friday night was the Phoenix "First Friday" art walk downtown. I'd been to it a couple of years back, so was pleasantly surprised to see how much it had grown. It was packed with attendees, and so nice to see all the artsy folks wandering around enjoying the art and ambiance. My friend Ted commented on how nice it was to see a thriving art event. Gives us hope for Phoenix!

Last night was the downtown parade of lights which I had never attended, and it was great fun! About 200,000 parade goers congregated along the parade route and enjoyed the festivities. My friend Vic and I got great parking and front row seats at the beginning of the parade route, so we got the best view AND a speedy exit! There were several floats filled with Christmas lights, and the marching bands were all decked out with Christmas lights on their uniforms. Christmas carols aplenty we heard, and were dazzled by sparkling Xmas lights everywhere.

Today I went to the Tempe Arts Festival with another couple of friends. It was a great day; a little windy and cool, but the sun warmed us nicely in the late afternoon. The show was kind of weak; lots of chili peppers wearing cowboy hats and Kokopellis, but I did see some beautiful work. In particular two photographers whose work was soulful and evocative. I'll post their website addresses when I dig out their business cards from my purse.

On to the last week of classes tomorrow, then finals...

No comments: