Sunday, January 30, 2011

New year, new goals



I'm finally back to posting after a very busy January. I can't believe the month is almost over! Travel and work played a big part of my absence as well as the incredibly gray and rainy weather in Portland. It made it impossible to get any good photos. Finally a bit of sun yesterday, so I jumped on it and took some snaps.

I have a few goals for the new year that I've been working on steadily this month. One is to simplify. Which means more time just to be quiet. Time to do handwork that soothes and grounds me. Time to really savor that first cup on coffee on the weekends. More time in my pajamas snuggling with my kitty.

The next is to spend more time outside seeing this beautiful city I'm living in. Exploring neighborhoods and hiking trails, walking and taking pictures. Which leads me to my next goal; attempting to become a better blogger. I got the book "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey a few weeks back and am hoping it will help me improve my blog.

And the next is to FINISH MY UFOs! And, NOT start any new projects until I've finished the ones I have. I know, I know, you're all shaking your heads at the lunacy of this plan. But I'm holding firm so far and have finished the above pair of socks. Yay, me! I'm also making great progress on a couple of crochet projects that have been languishing for awhile. Now, on to that purse I started before Christmas...

No comments: