Saturday, January 08, 2011

happy January!











Finally getting a chance to post after the busy holiday season. I was in Massachusetts visiting my family over the Christmas holidays. It was a wonderful holiday filled with good food, relaxation, shopping, and rousing games of Rummikub.

We got a big storm a couple of days after we arrived, and it was beautiful. Winter is a favorite season for me. The fairy lights and candles illuminating the darkness, a time of reflection and renewal. And the beauty of snow. This was our view from the house windows..

We drove down to the ocean after the storm had abated and this is what we saw...

We also took a walk on the Audubon trail at the Cape. It was a perfect day to walk. Sunny, cool but not freezing, and very still. We came across a young red-tailed hawk that modeled perfectly for me...

And this is what the marsh looks like in winter...


We also found a lonely boat on our walk...

And of course I crafted while there. I saw a beautiful blanket here: http://www.yvestown.com/archive/2009/11/how-to-crochet-a-blanket-part-1.html that I decided to start making (hopefully I connected this link properly). I got several circles done. I will walk to my LYS this weekend to get the color to complete the squares. I'm thinking a very pale pink would be lovely. I will show you the results as I work on it. I also made a hat as a Christmas gift and started a pair of socks.

No comments: