Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A quick post

Ok, so I'm back. I finished this self-portrait today and wanted to put it up. I'm pretty happy with it overall. It felt good to just paint. I've been feeling a little stuck lately, so this was a good exercise for me. I'm working on two other paintings right now as well, but am not happy with the way they're going. So it's nice to have completed something I like. It looks like me too!

I'm still looking for work and waiting for possible offers, so I'm making the best use of my free time while I still have it. Later I'm going to work on my crocheted flower scarf and finish it hopefully, while watching the WNBA finals game tonight (I'm finally going to finish that darn scarf, Dawn!).

2 comments:

carla said...

You did a great job with the darks and lights! I don't know what you look like, but this portrait has a very enigmatic expression - somewhat intent on something, I think! It's great that you're painting:>

Dawn D. Sokol said...

Show your scarf, Kath! Looks like you got a haircut!!

Dawn