Tuesday, April 10, 2007

some on the fly drawing

This is a quick sketch I did last night while waiting to get into my classroom at the library. I surreptitiously glanced at this girl sitting across from me and stole as many looks as I could, (I didn't want to freak her out) so it was a little tough. One thing I learned...I have SO MUCH to learn! I need to practice, practice, practice, and learn the medium I'm working with. I haven't done much drawing in pen, so it's a whole new area I have to get a handle on. The shading was tough; I wasn't sure how to do it. Lines are a whole different thing than shaded pencil areas. I need to study my anatomy book more. It's easy when I'm copying a drawing from a book, but in real life, I'm lost. Also, I need to take a look again at Danny Gregory's book, get into the zen zone of drawing.

I love this little Moleskine journal I got last week. It's small, so it's the perfect size for carrying anywhere. And look at the absolutely cool postcard that came in it! I love it!

I'm looking forward to filling this little gem up and starting on another one.

No comments: