Thursday, April 12, 2007

another sketch

I sketched this yesterday as I was waiting for class. In the library, again. I so enjoyed doing it! I could've drawn for hours, but unfortunately only had about 20 minutes. Enough time to get this little drawing done.

Only four weeks until my initial trip to Portland to secure a place to live and start looking for work. Artfest really fired me up about Portland. Instead of driving back from that great event looking at the trees and thinking, "Well, another year till I see this again", I realized I'm going to be in that environment all the time! I feel great happiness about that. My soul needs to be surrounded by trees and nature. It's really important for me at this juncture of my life.

1 comment:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

love seeing your sketches, Kath!
My soul needs to be surrounded by trees and nature. I feel the same way...which is why I moved to Seattle. I'm excited for you. Once you're settled, we should get together sometime. I haven't made it to Portland yet! Although I've been to Cannon Beach and love it. You should go out there when you get a chance. I can't wait to go back.