Sunday, March 18, 2012

new hats



I had an unexpected day off this past Thursday and decided to take a trip to my local thrift store just down the street. I saw a hat there that I really liked, the price was right, so I took it home. I  had a fabric flower pin I had just finished making and decided to add it to my new hat. They looked great together!

I wore my hat to work the next day and had several people compliment it, and a seed was born. I did some informal market research among friends and family the past few days and got lots of excitement regarding making the hats. So I visited a few thrift stores on Saturday and got busy embellishing my findings. I'm pretty happy with the results so far and will share more over the next week.

The weather in Portland is perfect for hats right now. We had rain, snow, hail and sun all just today...sheesh!

No comments: