Saturday, April 16, 2011

A painting for a friend

I have a housewarming party to attend tonight and I thought, "What a perfect time for a painting!" I really like how this one turned out; I want to keep it! Sounds funny, huh? I guess we create what we like, so it's no surprise that we are enamored of our creations sometimes.

I have also been doing some crocheting and knitting today, as well as making jewelry. I have to get my butt in gear as a few of us at work are bringing in some handcrafted goodness for folks to purchase. Jewelry is the fastest craft, I can turn out a bunch much more quickly than other crafts. So I will be spending the rest of the weekend working feverishly in my studio. Somehow things always seem to take much longer than you think. We'll see how I do.

I'll also have a "ta da" post coming up on the jewelry cabinet my dad made for me and I painted. It was really fun and I have about a million ideas for other designs. Maybe my dad and I will go into the handcrafted jewelry cabinet business!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!

No comments: