Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Tale of Two Mitts

So the project started out well enough. I crocheted the fingerless mitt from a pattern on Ravelry and felt quite happy with it. Then I started the second mitt. I crocheted along happily, so excited to have my mitts done for the weekend. I pictured where me and my newly finished mitts would go; to the grocery store, to dinner with friends, on a lovely walk perhaps. The possibilities were endless. I finished the final stitch on the second mitt, sewed in the ends, then enthusiastically held it up to the other mitt. As you can see, I was quite sad. Somehow my second mitt ended up significantly smaller than the first. I still can't figure out what happened. So I did what any tried and true crocheter would do; I sniffed back a small tear, then started another mitt. And I was rewarded with success!

I'm wearing my finished pair of mitts right now. And we're going out this afternoon on a walk with a friend. Yay!

Kitty approves...

No comments: